Even though all of the major planning is behind you, the week of your wedding can be quite busy and stressful! There are still some important things to remember to do so that you look your best and are fully prepared for your Big Day. Here is a list of things we remind all of our brides to do the week of their wedding:
- Pickup your Marriage License - because you can’t get married (legally) without it! Make sure you check requirements with the appropriate Probate Office, as the law for applying for a marriage license changes from state to state.
- Schedule a final walk through with your planner and venue – walk the space, confirm where everything is going to be set, review the Banquet Event Order together for any last minute changes, review your backup plan in case of inclement weather and make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Pay all of your vendors in full – the last thing you want to be bothered with on your wedding day is your vendors hounding you for final payments. Save yourself and them the trouble by having everyone paid in full at least a week prior to your Big Day.
- Have your wedding dress professionally steamed and pressed and hang your veil up high enough to let the wrinkles fall out without it touching the ground.
- Slather on the Sunscreen - the last thing you want is fiery red, burning skin on your wedding day!
- Attend Beauty Appointments - plan for a facial and waxing to take place at least 3 days prior to your wedding, manicure and pedicure 1-2 days before your wedding, highlights and cut at least 2 weeks prior to your wedding, trial run of hair style and makeup about 1 week prior to your wedding.
- Break in your Wedding Day Shoes – Scuff them up and let them mold to your feet so that you’re comfortable dancing the night away in them.
- Whiten Your Teeth
- Stay Away from the Salt Shaker & Carbonated Beverages- Salt makes your body retain water, which in turn bloats you. The same is true for carbonated beverages. Stick to drinking at least 8 full glasses of water each day to counteract bloating and stay hydrated so you look your best on your Big Day.
- Get your Beauty Sleep - all of the excitement leading up to your wedding day could leave you feeling deprived of sleep. Avoid black circles and exhaustion by making sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, especially the night before your wedding.
Phone: (843) 757-7762