According to The Knot’s 2012 Destination Wedding Survey results, “nearly 1 in 4 couples (24%) had a destination wedding in 2011, a significant increase from 20% in 2009. Not only were there more destination weddings, but there were significantly more weddings hosted in the continental U.S, which is great news for U.S. wedding venues and the weddings industry at large. In 2011, 70% of couples who hosted a destination wedding chose a venue in the U.S. compared to 60% in 2009. The top domestic wedding destinations include Florida, California, Nevada, North Carolina and South Carolina.”
The survey also concluded that 51% of destination wedding couples use a wedding planner and it’s no wonder. When planning from afar, you’re likely only able to make a handful of trips to your destination wedding location in preparation for the big day. Hiring a wedding planner allows you to have a local “in” on finding all of the best vendors and venues, without sacrificing any of your precious time researching. With all of the benefits of hiring a planner, it’s well worth every penny you’ll spend. Make it the first thing you do in your planning process and you’ll have a joyous and stress-free planning experience. Remember, peace of mind is PRICELESS!
Here are some more findings from the survey. To see the complete press release, click here.
2012 DESTINATION WEDDINGS STUDY: TOP 10 STATISTICS
- 350,000 destination weddings take place annually, representing 24% of all weddings
- The average destination bride is 30 years old
- Destination weddings have an average of 86 guests
- 70% of destination weddings take place in the continental US
- Florida, California and Nevada are the top three destination wedding locations in the continental US
- 30% of destination weddings take place outside the continental US
- The Caribbean, Mexico and Hawaii are the most popular wedding locations outside the continental US
- 51% of destination wedding couples use a wedding planner
- 69% of destination weddings are held outdoors
- 10.86% of couples still plan to take a honeymoon after their destination wedding
Phone: (843) 757-7762