Oceans, rivers and marshes define the Lowcountry area that stretches the 200 miles between Charleston, SC to St. Mary’s, GA. Filled with history, culture, natural beauty and the friendliest people in America, it’s no wonder engaged couples flock here year … Continue reading
Make sure you have plenty of time to order a dress. Since wedding dresses typically take 6-8 months to come in after ordering, dress shopping should be one of the first to-dos on your list. Don’t forget to also take … Continue reading
Even though all of the major planning is behind you, the week of your wedding can be quite busy and stressful! There are still some important things to remember to do so that you look your best and are fully … Continue reading
Did you know that nearly 26% of all proposals take place during the months of November and December? There is something romantic about the holidays and being surrounded by loved ones that makes it the perfect time to pop the big question. It comes as no surprise that engagement season is now in full swing! Are you going to be one of the lucky ladies sporting some new sparkle this holiday season? If so, here are 10 things you need to do as you say, “Yes!”
- Get a Manicure! - You’ll be showing off the sparkle to everyone you know so make sure your nails set the stage for your new bling! The last thing you want people to see when the look at your new ring is chipped nail polish and dry cuticles.
- Share the Exciting News! - Shout it loud and shout it proud! You’re ENGAGED! Make sure you reach out personally to your family members and closest friends before you make the official announcement on Facebook though.
- Insure Your Bling - Trust me, it’s well worth every penny spent. You can never be too careful with safeguarding your engagement ring. Accidents happen and thieves are a fact of life.
- Pick a Date - Decide what time of year and day of the week you want to get married and then narrow down a date or two. Be sure to consider holiday weekends and other special events taking place within your immediate family.
- Decide on a Budget - I know, I know, this is the least fun part of planning, but it has to be done in order to move on to the exciting parts of planning! Sit down with your families and each other to discuss what everyone can afford to contribute. You don’t need to take out a mortgage or go into credit card debt in order to have the wedding of your dreams. What makes a wedding so beautiful and perfect is the love between you and your fiance and the lifelong commitment you make to each other. The icing is already on the cake…the materialistic details are just the sprinkles!
- Hire a Wedding Planner! - I don’t care how organized or type-A personality you are, you need to hire a wedding planner. It means sanity, peace of mind, reduced stress, money saved and enjoyment of your wedding to it’s fullest potential. With so many details going into the most important day of your life, leave it in the hands of a professional. You do it for accounting and other specialty services, why not your wedding? A wedding planner will help you make the most of your budget and can even help you save money along the way. Trust me, it’s the best money you can spend after you’re engaged!
- Begin Gathering Inspiration - I can’t imagine planning a wedding with brides without them having a Pinterest account. Talk about inspiration! This site allows you to search and save photos for everything from centerpieces to cute ceremony ideas to your dream wedding dress! It allows you to build inspiration boards and define your wedding style and vision. What’s great is that you can share your boards and follow other’s boards to exchange ideas!
- Sign up for Trunk Show Alerts in your Area - Follow your local bridal boutique on Facebook and look through your wedding magazines for a list of trunk shows coming soon to your area. A trunk show allows you to see the latest designs straight from the runway. Pictures can’t describe a dress quite like the ability to touch and feel the fabric.
- Choose an Exercise and Healthy Eating Plan and Stick to It! - Pictures from your Big Day will be around for the rest of your lives and generations to come. Make sure you look and feel your very best on the most important day of your life by choosing a healthy regiment to follow until you say, “I Do.” Hire a trainer, cut back on sugar and carbs and get moving. The sooner the better!
- Enjoy Every Single Moment of Being Engaged…the highs and the lows - Let’s face it, there is something about wedding planning that will make your engagement period simply fly by! You’re planning the most important day of your life, the day make a lifelong commitment in front of family and friends. Let the days leading up to that special day be filled with joy and happiness and make sure you cherish each and every moment of it.