This past weekend, we had the pleasure of watching Kelly and Mike exchange vows in front of 130 friends and family. They both love and adore children and since they come from large families with lots little tykes in it, … Continue reading
This week, Pantone released it’s 2013 color of the year and it’s one of my favorites…EMERALD! There is nothing to NOT love about this color…it’s jewel toned, rich, elegant and pairs beautifully with all shades of metallic. It also resembles … Continue reading
As beautiful as the sparkler scenes are at the end of the night, I can’t help but say that I’m ready to see something new for the bride and groom’s grand exit! Here are some new fresh ideas that are … Continue reading
The process starts with conceptualizing a design based on the bride and groom’s style, personality and likes/dislikes. Our bride and groom this past weekend shared an overall appreciation for the art of wedding design and the modernization it portrays today. … Continue reading
Here are his top 5 predictions for 2012 Wedding Trends:
- Deep, Rich Colors - David predicts RED and EGGPLANT will be the most popular colors used in weddings next year.
- Personalizaton - Brides and grooms will incorporate many personal touches into their Big Day. From generational pictures of the family to sentimental items inherited from others, the rule is that there are no rules when it comes to incorporating things that your guests look at and automatically think of you as a couple. Did your fiance take you to a swanky restaurant for your first date where you enjoyed the most amazing dinner of your life? How about recreating the same meal and serving it as a plated dinner option (or family style version…see below)? Did you tour France together recently? How about a cappuccino bar with an assortment of authentic pastries flown in fresh from France? The sky is the limit on this trend, as every couple is unique in their own way.
Table numbers double as guest book. Mark each table with a certain year anniversary and instruct guests seated at that table to write a message inside the card. You’ll be reminiscing and reading new notes every year!
- Family Style Dinner - What do you get when you take the social setting of dinner stations and the tradition of the plated dinner? A Family Style Meal! Guest will be forced to interact with one another over something they all have in common – FOOD! Each course is served on platters that are to be passed around the table (to your left of course). A great way to incorporate the personalization trend mentioned above is to incorporate pieces of heirloom china that have been in the family for years!
- Metallics - Shades of gold and silver will be everywhere in 2012 and for good reason! Metallics are romantic and chic at the same time and can be incorporated in an infinite number of ways! I recently planned a wedding where we spray painted starfish gold and tied them with a beautiful bow and name tag for each guest to use as their place card! It was a unique twist on the seaside theme where the natural white starfish are everywhere. It created a little surprise and delight to the guests as they sat at their table.
|Martha Stewart Wedding|
- Unique Juxtaposition - Weddings will have an interesting combination of styles that will surprise and please guests. David noted some examples as being a garden themed wedding at a beach front venue or filling a sparse venue with lush florals.
|Style Me Pretty|