This past weekend I had the great pleasure of participating in the Hilton Head Bridal Show at Hampton Hall Clubhouse. The event was a huge success as hundreds of newly engaged brides and their families filled the ballroom in hopes … Continue reading
via Intimate Weddings When it comes to the details, the less matchy-matchy, the more trendy and stylish. From bridesmaid attire to stemware and furniture, creating a less uniform look makes for a one of a kind event. When mixing up … Continue reading
We had so much fun working on this project for fall/winter wedding inspirations! Thank you to the fabulous team of vendors who took part in this project! A special thank you to Allison Reisz Photography for the amazing pictures!
Here are his top 5 predictions for 2012 Wedding Trends:
- Deep, Rich Colors - David predicts RED and EGGPLANT will be the most popular colors used in weddings next year.
- Personalizaton - Brides and grooms will incorporate many personal touches into their Big Day. From generational pictures of the family to sentimental items inherited from others, the rule is that there are no rules when it comes to incorporating things that your guests look at and automatically think of you as a couple. Did your fiance take you to a swanky restaurant for your first date where you enjoyed the most amazing dinner of your life? How about recreating the same meal and serving it as a plated dinner option (or family style version…see below)? Did you tour France together recently? How about a cappuccino bar with an assortment of authentic pastries flown in fresh from France? The sky is the limit on this trend, as every couple is unique in their own way.
Table numbers double as guest book. Mark each table with a certain year anniversary and instruct guests seated at that table to write a message inside the card. You’ll be reminiscing and reading new notes every year!
- Family Style Dinner - What do you get when you take the social setting of dinner stations and the tradition of the plated dinner? A Family Style Meal! Guest will be forced to interact with one another over something they all have in common – FOOD! Each course is served on platters that are to be passed around the table (to your left of course). A great way to incorporate the personalization trend mentioned above is to incorporate pieces of heirloom china that have been in the family for years!
- Metallics - Shades of gold and silver will be everywhere in 2012 and for good reason! Metallics are romantic and chic at the same time and can be incorporated in an infinite number of ways! I recently planned a wedding where we spray painted starfish gold and tied them with a beautiful bow and name tag for each guest to use as their place card! It was a unique twist on the seaside theme where the natural white starfish are everywhere. It created a little surprise and delight to the guests as they sat at their table.
|Martha Stewart Wedding|
- Unique Juxtaposition - Weddings will have an interesting combination of styles that will surprise and please guests. David noted some examples as being a garden themed wedding at a beach front venue or filling a sparse venue with lush florals.
|Style Me Pretty|